Online services offered
There are many benefits to either using the NHS App or Patient Access, including being able to view parts of your medical record without speaking to the surgery first. GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. If you have repeat medication, then using online services can be a quick and convenient option for you, because:
- You can order your medication at any time of the day, 7 days a week
- You do not have to wait for the surgery/pharmacy to be open to order
- You can see when your request has been approved so you know when to collect the medication from your nominated pharmacy
- You can keep track of your orders and see what you have requested
- It is a safe and secure way of ordering – you just tick the box next to the item you wish to order, eliminating the chance of misspelling difficult drug names
- You save wastage as you only order what you need each time
- You can change your pharmacy nomination at any time to one that suits you
To sign up for Patient Access, please complete the online form below, or request access from Reception. You will be given a unique PIN code which you will need to complete registration. If you want to register for the NHS app you can simply download it from the Google Play or Apple App stores.
Once you have signed up, you will be also be able to:
- Book and cancel appointments
- Get health advice leaflets and videos
- View your GP medical record
- View your test results without needing to call your GP practice
- Follow test results over time to see any trends or patterns if you have repeated tests
- View your immunisation history – this may be required for some job applications or to check dates for flu or covid vaccinations
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use. Patient access have enabled a new feature which makes it easier for patients to view their COVID-19 vaccination record from the home screen on the Patient Access app. This new feature will automatically be visible if you have access to your immunisations on Patient Access. Please speak to one of our receptionists if you do not have this feature enabled and would like to do so.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
Complete the online form – Patient only
To reduce footfall to the Practice the recommended method of registering for online service is by submitting your information online.
Please note: if you wish to register for online services, to access your repeat prescriptions, appointments etc., you are also required provide evidence of your ID, which you can upload on our online form. Once this has been verified, we will issue the necessary documentation for online services, within seven working days or more. Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
You can also request proxy access to order medications for people you care for – this could be a family member, like an elderly parent or young child, who cannot order their medications themselves. You can easily switch between linked profiles on the NHS App if you have proxy access for someone. Please speak to one of receptionists for more information about requesting proxy access.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
Patient Access video tutorials
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
The Patient Responsibility
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.