Rights & Responsibilities
The partners and staff at Lyngford Park Surgery aim to set the following standards of service for their patients. In return they expect certain standards from their patients.
- We will provide you with health care on the basis of your clinical need.
- No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent.
- We will keep you informed about the care and services we are able to provide.
- You will be greeted in a friendly, welcoming and courteous manner.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You will be offered an appointment with your own doctor, or if they are not available, one of the other doctors in the practice, usually on the day you contact us, however we do take advanced bookings, at certain times, up to 6 weeks in advance.
- If the doctor is running late we will keep you informed of the reason and expected time delay.
- Prescriptions will be issued during a consultation if necessary. Repeat prescriptions need 2 working days’ notice - see the prescriptions page for details.
- If you have had tests at the practice you will be responsible for contacting the surgery to establish the results.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to limitations of the law. A fee will be levied.
- In an emergency, or in the case of a patient who is unable to come to the surgery, the doctor will make a home visit if it is considered appropriate to do so by the doctor.
- We have a complaints procedure and will respond in writing within 48 hours.
- If we need to cancel your appointment we will do our utmost to give as much notice as possible and offer an alternative time at your convenience.
- We are a training practice and on occasion you may be asked it you are prepared to have your consultation recorded.
- In urgent cases, if you wish to speak to a doctor, we will endeavour to do this, however, we do try not to routinely interrupt the doctor when in surgery. If you leave your details with the receptionist we will get back to you.
What you can do for us
- Please treat all staff with the same courtesy and respect that we offer.
- If you need a home visit please try and telephone before 10.30 am unless a genuine emergency arises.
- If you wish to speak to the doctor or nurse leave your details with the receptionist and they will ring you back.
- If a doctor is running late please be patient. The receptionist will keep you informed.
- Remember that we need 2 working days’ notice for repeat prescriptions.
- Remember to let us know any changes of address or telephone.